Reserve Your Free Courtesy Car Today!
Call: (248) 852-2358

Filing A Claim


We encourage you to understand your insurance policy. You may realize that filing a claim may not be your best option economically. Understanding your coverage is KEY! We have many years experience with insurance claims. When in doubt, please seek our advice or have us give you a free estimate before making the claim.

It is your right to choose any repair facility to perform your repairs!


Schedule an Inspection & Consultation with Us

We strongly recommend getting an inspection of your car BEFORE you make an insurance claim. Depending on your deductible and coverage, you may realize that filing a claim may not be your best option. We provide FREE estimates and consultation.


Understand Your Coverage

We find that many of our clients are not sure what form of coverage they carry in the event of an accident (PLPD, LIMITED, STANDARD, BROADENED). Before a claim is filed, understand your coverage.

Refer to chart.


File Your Claim

Once certain filing a claim is the best option, claims are filed over the phone or online. Even though law prevents us from filing a claim for you, we can assist you one-on-one if you would like to file the claim in our office.


Claim Approval

Once you’ve been assigned a claim number we will work with your insurance company to come to an agreeable plan for repairs. This may require you to drop off your vehicle so we can get a complete and thorough estimate.


We'll Take Care of the Rest!

We will keep you informed throughout the repair process. Repair time is subjective to the damage, parts availability, and labor required. You can be certain that we will work diligently to bring your vehicle back to pre-accident condition.


Under the Michigan No Fault Act, damages up to $1,000.00 may be recovered from the at-fault party. If you are 50% or less at fault in an accident and have no collision coverage or have to pay a deductible, you are eligible to file for Mini-Tort with the at-fault person’s insurance company. If the at-fault party does not carry the proper insurance coverage, you may need to proceed through Small Claims Court. This means that you may sue the other driver for damages to your car which are not covered by your insurance.

The staff at A-Auto Point Collision has many years experience with these types of claims, we can offer assistance in filing a Mini-Tort Claim with you.

Typically, you will need…

  • Estimate of damages from our shop
  • Declarations pages from your insurance policy
  • Police Report (verifying at-fault party in accident)

For more information, click here.